PO Box 26018
Colorado Springs, CO 80936
- Honors graduate, Hollywood High School, age 16
- Graduate of Pomona College, dual majors in history and government (awarded Public Administration prize)
- Scholarship law student at Univ. of So. Calif.; graduated in 2 1/2 years
- Deputy District Attorney at 23
- After 5 1/2 years prosecuting criminals, he used his expertise to help victims of crime without charge
- 33-year real estate investor, restoring neglected and abandoned buildings to good condition, despite extreme governmental and political interference. Those vengeful acts and frivolous lawsuits
began two months after voters passed the Taxpayer's Bill of Rights (TABOR) Amendment (written and promoted by Douglas Bruce), which took away government's unlimited power to tax citizens without their consent and which put Big Brother on a budget. Government's smear campaign and retaliatory responses continue to this day.
- Douglas Bruce was also the author of the Colorado Springs TABOR Amendment, which passed in 1991 with 61% voter approval. He also wrote a city tax cut petition, which lowered property,
utility, and sales taxes, passed at the same election. He also wrote the Election Reform Amendment and TaxCut 2000, both statewide constitutional amendments.
- In 2000, he was the leading nominee of the El Paso County Republican Assembly,
and received 49.5% of the election vote for state senator from senate district 10, despite being
outspent by approximately $100,000 -- a record amount.
- In 2004, Douglas Bruce was elected El Paso County Comissioner in District 2.
- On December 1, 2007, Douglas Bruce was chosen to fill a vacancy in state House District 15. He was
chosen by a 2-to-1 margin over two opponents, and took office January 14, 2008.
Douglas Bruce stopped practicing law because the law and the courts need major reforms from the outside. A local property owner since 1981, he is selling his investments to focus on public service. He doesn't need to seek public office for money, status, or name recognition, or to make contacts for future employment. He simply believes all of us have a moral duty to leave the world a better place than we found it.